To learn more about your Mock Student View and how to set it up, please visit Setting Up Your Mock Student Views.
On this page, you will find more information on:
How do I view the platform as my mock student?
There are two ways to view the platform as your Mock Student.
To view as your Mock Student from your avatar:
- Click your avatar on the bottom left of the platform
- Click View as my Mock Student
To view as your Mock Student from Educator Tools:
- From the left navigation menu, click Educator Tools
Click Your Mock Student Views
- Click Start Viewing on the top right
How should I use my Mock Student?
Assign a project and see how it looks as your student
One valuable way that Mock Student Views can help develop a teacher’s understanding of the platform is by assigning a project as a teacher and viewing it as a student.
In your teacher view, select a project and assign it to your Mock Student by clicking “Assign Project” in the upper right-hand corner, then select your *Mock Student* to assign.
- Select checkpoints to assign to your Mock Student.
- Now view as your Mock Student.
- From the Year page, click on the project to experience the project from the Mock Student’s perspective.
Attempt a content assessment as your Mock Student
Mock Student View is a useful tool to take content assessments as a student in your course.
- In your Mock Student’s Year page, navigate to the Year page and select a Power Focus Area.
As your Mock Student, submit a request to take the content assessment by clicking “Request.”
- Once requested, you'll need to approve the Content Assessment request as a teacher. To do this, exit Mock Student View by navigating to the bottom left-hand corner, hover next to your name, and click “Stop Viewing.”