Because the checkpoint, activity or final product has already been assigned to the students. It is possible the students have already begun working on the assignment. You will need to unassign, and then reassign the project in order to propagate your changes.
When a project is unassigned, all student work is automatically removed from the Platform. Because you will no longer have access to the student work, please consider the number of students assigned to the Project and how much work they've completed before unassigning the Project.
You can re-assign the checkpoint, activity or final product back to the student once you’ve made changes to the original assignment. Your changes will be propagated then. After you do so, you and your student can retrieve any old work.
As a teacher, to retrieve any old work:
- Click on New Notebook next to any student’s reassigned notebook from the Feedback tab
- In the new notebook, you will be taken directly to the student’s old work
- Review the student’s old work
- If no further action is needed from your student, you can click I’ve done this in the orange bar at the top of the page
- If your student needs to copy-paste their old work, they can use the following steps to do so
As a student, to retrieve any previous work:
- Click into a project from the Year Page
- Click into the checkpoint, activity, or final product from Project Overview; the assignment that has been changed will have an orange notification bar
- In the new notebook, you will be notified that your teacher has updated the notebook; Click Next
- You will be taken to any previous work you’ve done
- Review and copy any old work you want to keep; click Next
- Paste old work you want to keep at the top
- Click I’ve done this in the orange bar at the top of the page once you are finished