- How do I start the Clever to Platform sync?
- How do I match sections to courses?
- Why does my student have "pending" under "enrollment status"?
- How do I trigger Clever syncs?
- Where can I see details about my Clever sync?
How do I start the Clever to Platform sync?
- Click the "Start the sync" button from your Platform Setup checklist.
- The Contact Us pop-up will open and you will need to send in your request for us to start the Clever to Platform sync.
After you request the sync, our Support Team will reply asking you to confirm that the number of sections, teachers, and students in your Clever account is correct.
Important Note: If you are oversharing data and you don't want all shared teachers, sections, and students to appear in the Platform, please see Clever's Help Center article on how to adjust rules. You can adjust by grade level, sections, and individual students. You can also contact the Clever Help Desk for additional support.
How do I match sections to courses?
Once you’ve synced sections, you’ll need to match courses in the platform with the sections you teach. For example, if you teach section M101, you’ll want students enrolled in section M101 to be assigned to the Math 6 course in the platform.
In order to add or remove a course from a section:
- Click on the Setup section from the menu on the left
- Click Sections
- Find the section you would like to add or remove courses from
- Click the pencil icon to the right of the section name
- Click Courses from the tab at the top
- Click Add Another Course to this Section
- Select the Subject
- From Suggested Courses drop-down, Select Course Title
- Click Add Course (Multiple courses can be associated with a single section within your school)
Note: Adding or removing courses will change the courses that students see when they login to their platform.
Why does my student have "pending" under "enrollment status"?
For schools that use Clever, all students synced in from Clever will appear in core parts of the Platform. However, teachers assigning Projects and Math Units will not be able to assign work to students until after students have logged in.
In other parts of the Platform, all synced students will be visible. If your school is oversharing from Clever, admins and teachers will see extra students.
While teachers will be able to assign Projects and Math Units to Little Abe because he has logged into the Platform, teachers will not be able to assign to Little Annie until she's logged in.
If you are oversharing data and you don't want all shared teachers, sections, and students to appear in the Platform, please see Clever's Help Center article on how to adjust rules. You can adjust by grade level, sections, and individual students. You can also contact the Clever Help Desk for additional support.
How do I trigger a Clever Sync?
The Summit Learning Platform automatically syncs with Clever every night. If you need to sync with Clever outside of the automatic nightly sync, an Admin at your school can trigger a sync at any time.
- Click Setup
- Click Settings
- Under Current Enrollment Options, ensure that your site uses Clever
- Click Sync Now
Where can I see details about my Clever sync?
To learn more about the data coming into the platfrom from your SIS via Clever, admins can click into the Clever Sync page. Seeing this data can help you better understand what's in your SIS and reach out to your SIS administrator to make updates.
To see your Sync Details:
- Click Setup
- Click Settings
- Click Last Sync Details
Note: Admins can see the last 7 Clever > Platform syncs by clicking Recent Syncs from the top right.