For schools using Clever for enrollment, please make sure your school's Clever account is set up with the correct teacher, student, and section accounts before syncing. Talk to your Student Information System (SIS) administrator if you're unsure of how to set up your Clever account.
Once your Clever account is set up with the correct teacher, student, and section accounts, a platform admin will need to start the Clever to Summit Learning platform sync. Sections synced from Clever will need to be matched to platform courses before students and teachers can see them in their platforms.
In this article, you can find instructions on:
- How do I start the Clever to platform sync?
- How do I match sections to courses?
- How do I sync the platform with Clever?
- Where can I see details about my Clever sync?
- Why does my student have "pending" under "enrollment status"?
How do I start the Clever to Platform sync?
- Click the "Start the sync" button from your Platform Setup checklist.
- The Contact Us pop-up will open and you will need to send in your request for us to start the Clever to platform sync.
After you request the sync, our Support Team will reply asking you to confirm that the number of sections, teachers, and students in your Clever account is correct.
Important Note: If you are oversharing data and you don't want all shared teachers, sections, and students to appear in the Platform, please see Clever's Help Center article on how to adjust rules. You can adjust by grade level, sections, and individual students. You can also contact the Clever Help Desk for additional support.
How do I match sections to courses?
Once you’ve synced sections, you’ll need to match courses in the platform with the sections you teach. If sections are not mapped to courses, teachers and students in that section will not see the corresponding course. For example, if you teach section M101, you’ll want students enrolled in section M101 to be assigned to the Math 6 course in the platform.
In order to add or remove a course from a section:
- Click on the Setup section from the menu on the left
- Click Sections
- Find the section you would like to add or remove courses from
- Click the pencil icon to the right of the section name
- Click Courses from the tab at the top
- Click Add Another Course to this Section
- Select the Subject
- From Suggested Courses drop-down, Select Course Title
- Click Add Course (Multiple courses can be associated with a single section within your school)
Note: Adding or removing courses will change the courses that students see when they login to their platform.
How do I sync the platform with Clever?
The Summit Learning Platform automatically syncs with Clever each night. If you need to sync with Clever outside of the automatic nightly sync, a platform admin can do this manually at any time from the Settings page.
To manually sync the platform with Clever:
- Click Setup
- Click Settings
- Under Current Enrollment Options, check that your site uses Clever
- Click Sync Now
- The "site last synced" time will update once the sync is successful
Where can I see details about my Clever sync?
To learn more about the data coming into the platform from your SIS via Clever, admins can click into the Clever Sync page. Seeing this data can help you better understand what's in your SIS and reach out to your SIS administrator to make updates.
To see your Sync Details:
- Click Setup
- Click Settings
- Click Last Sync Details
Note: Admins can see the last seven Clever to Platform syncs by clicking Recent Syncs from the top right.
Why does my student have "pending" under "enrollment status"?
For schools that use Clever, all students synced in from Clever will appear in core parts of the platform. However, teachers assigning Projects and Math Units will not be able to assign work to students until after students have logged in.
In other parts of the Platform, all synced students will be visible. If your school is oversharing from Clever, admins and teachers will see extra students.
While teachers will be able to assign Projects and Math Units to Little Abe because he has logged into the Platform, teachers will not be able to assign to Little Annie until she's logged in.
If you are oversharing data and you don't want all shared teachers, sections, and students to appear in the Platform, please see Clever's Help Center article on how to adjust rules. You can adjust by grade level, sections, and individual students. You can also contact the Clever Help Desk for additional support.