Note: This feature is only available to users with admin level accounts.
You can grant students masteries for Focus Areas directly on the Summit Learning Platform. Focus Area masteries may be granted when you want the student to have the Focus Area shown in the Year Page as mastered or green. If you'd like the Focus Area to not appear at all, please see this article on how to exempt students from Focus Areas.
- Click Setup
- Click Students
- Find the student who needs a focus area mastery
- Click the three dots next to the student's name
- Click the Manage Focus Areas tab
- Click Mastery
- Type in the Focus Area name (be sure that the focus area ID matches the 6 digits at the end of the focus area URL)
- Type in a Reason for Mastery
- Check I understand when to grant mastery for focus areas for a student
- Click Add mastery
- Click Close