The Base Curriculum is continuously updated with new resources and improved content. This means that while you may be using the current year's Base Curriculum, you'll need to accept updates. By accepting updates, your Project or Focus Area will be up to date with the newest version of the Base Curriculum.
In this article, you can find instructions on:
Accepting Project Updates
To accept Project updates:
1. When there are updates for Projects, you will see an orange banner at the top of the Project page.
2. Click “Review Updates” from the orange banner.
3. A popup with the updates will appear. Review the updates.
4. After reviewing the updates, click “Accept all updates” to accept the updates.
Things to be aware of:
When we send updates to your Project, your Project is completely replaced with the new, updated copy. This means that any modifications you’ve made to the Project will be replaced upon accepting updates.
To keep your modifications, you can:
- Create a copy of the new, updated Project and edit your original Project by adding in the updates you see in the updated Project
- Create a copy of your old Project and accept updates for the Project, then manually put in your modifications into the new Project
Accepting Focus Area Updates
Whenever updates are made to Base Curriculum Focus Areas, you'll see "Base Updates" on your course page or "Review Updates" on your Focus Area page. Accepting these updates will bring Base Curriculum Updates into your copy of the Focus Area.
From the 2020-2021 academic year and on, your Focus Area will not be automatically updated with Base Curriculum updates. This will ensure that any modifications you've made to your copy of the Focus Area will stay. However, this will also mean your copy of the Focus Area will not be the most up-to-date with our curriculum. Because of this, we highly encourage you to review your Focus Areas and accept updates.
To accept Focus Area updates:
1. When there are updates for a Focus Area, you will see “Review Updates” on the top right of the page.
2. Click “Review Updates”
3. Under the Review Changes section on the right, there will be a summary of what has been updated. Look through the Focus Area to view the specific changes.
4. Click “Accept All” or “Ignore All”
Things to be aware of
- You may choose to accept or ignore all updates. Currently, we do not have a way to select specific updates to accept.
- If you choose to ignore updates, you will not have a way to accept the updates again.