For any Math Unit in a Course you teach, you can click on the Learners tab to group your students by their previous math concepts scores, focus area data, or MAP scores.
To access the Learners tab:
- Go to a Math Unit that you teach
- Click Learners to the right of the Plans tab
You can either Start from scratch or Start from suggestions. Starting from scratch will allow you to create your own groupings. Starting from our suggestions will group your students by their historical data. You can always customize your groupings after starting from suggestions.
You'll then be able to use these groupings while assigning work from the Plans tab.
For each Focus Area associated with a Math Unit, you'll see:
- Your students' passing rate
- Histograms grouping students by passing rate
- Red: Not passing
- Green: Passing
Suggested groupings are determined by the passing rate data above.
- Red: students that have attempted and "Struggle with" the Focus Area
- Yellow: students that have almost mastered and "Are on track for" the Focus Area
- Green: students that have mastered and "Are on track for" the Focus Area
You can also group your students by the following Foundational Skills:
If your school has uploaded MAP Data into the platform, you will be able to form groups based on the most recent MAP assessment data in Mathematics and Reading:
- Red: students who fall at or below the 20th Percentile and "Struggle with" the skill
Learn more about understanding MAP data and accessing MAP data in the platform.
When you're finished viewing student data on the Learners tab, click Assign Math Unit in the upper right corner to begin assigning Checkpoints, Activities, and Resources to your students. You'll be able to see the same Math Concepts student data during the Next: Differentiate Resources step of math unit assignment. Students will be grouped by Math Concepts scores, allowing you to assign different Resources to different Learners groups.
Learn more about assigning Math Units.