This article will cover how teachers can check in with mentees:
- How do I check-in with my mentee?
- How do I record a past check-in?
- How do I move a check-in?
- How does my mentee prepare for a check-in?
- How do I access my mentees’ check-in pre-work?
How do I check-in with my mentee?
- From the Mentoring page, click on the mentee's name
- From the mentee's page, click the Start button
- The check-in agenda will open from the right side of the page. You will see:
- A timer
- Suggested questions or tasks for you to complete in order to deeply engage your student
- Your Mentee's pre-submitted responses to the check-in agenda
- A place to take notes, which can be shared with the student or kept private from the student
- The check-in side panel will stay up until you click Finish Check-In. You can minimize the agenda by clicking on the arrow on the left
- When you've finished your check-In, click Finish Check-In
Click here to learn about how you can use the Progress page during your check-ins.
How do I record a past check-in?
After you've finished your first set of mentoring and can view the Week and 2 Weeks view, you can record past or offline check-ins.
- Find the date of the past or offline check-in.
- Click on Record Check-In.
- Fill in the name of the student, date of the past or offline check-in, and the duration of the check-in.
- Optionally, write notes to record the check-in and select whether you would like to share the note with your mentee.
- Click Save.
How do I move check-ins for students?
From the Mentoring page, you can change check-in days for individual students or for the entire group of students.
Drag and drop from the Week or 2-Week View:
- On the Week or 2-Week View, select and hold the name of a mentee to drag and drop your student to another day of the week.
To change the check-in day for a student:
- Click Settings on the top right side of the Mentoring page.
- After selecting Settings, in the Mentoring Settings popup, choose the Recurring Check-ins tab.
- Select and hold the name of a mentee to drag and drop your student to another day of the week.
How does my mentee prepare for their check-in?
Students will see a banner on their Week and Year pages reminding them to prepare for their Mentoring check-in. Check-in pre-work is always editable by students by click back into the pre-work using the edit pencil icon on the Mentoring banner.
If a student is scheduled to have a check-in on that day, they will be immediately notified to prepare for their check-in by completing the pre-work, if applicable.
To complete their check-in pre-work, students will:
- Navigate to the Week page or Year page.
- Click Begin Check-In Pre-Work from the blue mentoring banner.
- A panel will slide out from the right side of the screen with a series of questions to prepare for the mentoring check-in.
- Click Done to complete the mentor check-in pre-work.
How can I access my mentee's check-in re-work?
Prior to each mentoring check-in, students prepare for sessions by completing pre-work within the platform. Check-in pre-work is always editable by students up until the time of the check-in and is viewable by all of their teachers and mentor. Students are not able to access their pre-work after they complete the check-in.
To access your mentee’s check-in prework,
- From the Mentor page, click on the mentee’s name
- From the mentee’s page, you can view the mentee’s responses to the pre-work on the right-hand side