When you export grades by student, you can create grade reports with mail merge:
- Click on the Setup section from the menu on the left.
- Click Students.
- Click Export Grades in the upper right corner. Click By Student to save a .csv file of student grades to your computer.
- Open a new document in your word processor (ex: Microsoft Word) to begin creating a grade reports template.
- On the Mailings tab, click Start Mail Merge, then click Letters. (If you’re using an older version of Microsoft Word, these directions may vary slightly. Learn more about using mail merge in Microsoft Word.)
- Click Select Recipients, click Use an Existing List..., then open the .csv file of student grades you exported. Click OK. (You may also have the option of editing and filtering your recipient list.)
- Click Insert Merge Field to pull information from the .csv file into the document. Select as many merge fields as you’d like to include in the grade reports. You’ll be able to add your own formatting to the document (ex: insert a table) to customize the grade reports.
- To preview the mail merge, click <ABC> Preview Results.
Click Finish & Merge, then Edit Individual Documents… to open a new document with each student’s completed grade report. Click Save.