If your school isn't using Clever, you'll need to manually set up courses with signup codes.
If your school is using Clever, you’ll need to sync the Summit Learning Platform with Clever to ensure that your teachers, students and sections stay up to date. We recommend that you begin this process at least 3 weeks before the school year begins. Once the platform is synced with Clever, teachers, students and sections from your Student Information System (SIS) will automatically update on a daily basis. However, keep in mind that you’ll need a process to share any new teachers, students or sections (ex: if a new student enrolls, or a new section is created) with Clever throughout the school year so that the platform remains up to date. Learn more about syncing teachers and students with Clever and matching courses in the Summit Learning Platform with sections in your SIS.
Once your district has connected to Clever, you can sync the platform with Clever. We recommend that you designate one person on your team to do this for your school.
Sections must be in progress in your SIS for sections to appear in the platform.
Log into the platform to begin syncing sections with Clever:
- Click on the Setup section from the menu on the left.
- Click Notifications.
- Under Sections, click Go to Sections.
- Click Import Sections. This may take a few minutes.
- You’ll see a preview of sections. If you see any sections with incorrect or missing information, you’ll need to update the data that your SIS shares with Clever.
- Under Preview Sections Import, click Import.
- When the import is complete, click View Imported Sections to see the sections that synced with Clever. Click Back to Notifications to return to the notification screen.
Once you’ve synced sections, you’ll need to match courses you plan on using in the platform with the sections you teach. Learn more about matching courses in the Summit Learning Platform with sections in your SIS.