You will assess students' Cognitive Skills on Final Products. Final Products are assigned to students when you assign the Project, and can't be assigned at a later date. By assigning Final Products at the same time as the Project, students should be able to understand expectations for Final Products when they begin working on Projects.
To add a Final Product to a Project:
- From the Project page, click Edit Project.
- Click Final Product, then click Add Final Product.
- Enter the title and any details for the Final Product. You can specify whether students can submit a draft for feedback.
- Indicate whether students will submit a Google Doc, Web link (ex: websites, videos), or Nothing.
- If students will submit a Google Doc, you'll need to indicate whether students will be given a blank doc, presentation, or spreadsheet, or if you'll be providing a custom template. If you provide a custom template, students will receive their own copy of the template to submit via the Summit Learning Platform. You can choose a Google Doc from your Google Drive.
- Add any teaching materials you'd like other teachers to be able to view.
- Click Save.
- Type and click on the Cognitive Skills or Math Concepts you’d like to add to the rubric. You can add multiple skills or concepts.
- Preview your rubric by clicking View Rubric.
- Click Save and Close to finish editing the Project.
Note: Math Units with time-constrained Final Products will initially be assigned to students as blank Google Docs. When students are ready to complete the Final Product, they will be assigned an activity with a copy of the actual Final Product. Students should submit their work on the original Google Doc during the time given.