At the beginning of the academic year, an Admin at your site will need to specify the time periods during which students will be using the Summit Learning Platform. You will be setting the following school calendar information:
- Academic Dates
- Enter your school’s actual first and last day of school.
- Platform Dates
- Enter the first and last day that students will start using the platform. The dates entered here will determine when students will be held responsible for using and completing their work in the platform.
- Platform dates determine when the pacing line starts and stops moving. The blue vertical Pacing Line indicates where a student should be today to be on track, or on-pace, to complete a given course by the end of the school year.
- Non-Instructional Periods
- Enter the dates for any period of time that students will not be using the platform (ex: school holidays, teacher work days), as well as a description of the non-instructional period.
- Weekends by default are considered non-instructional periods.The dates entered here pauses the pacing line, and can be adjusted at any time.
How to set this information:
- Click on the Setup section from the menu on the left.
- Click Platform Dates.
- Navigate to Important Dates.
- Click Academic Year.
- Enter the first and last dates of your school's academic year. Click Enter.
- Under Important Dates, click Platform Dates.
- Enter the first and last dates that students will be using the platform for academic purposes. Click Enter.
- Click + Add Non-Instructional Period.
- Enter the dates for any period of time that students will not be using the platform (ex: school holidays, teacher work days), as well as a description of the non-instructional period. Click Enter.
- Click Save Changes.