At the beginning of the academic year, an Admin user at your site will need to specify the time periods during which students will be using the Summit Learning Platform. You will be setting the following school calendar information:
- Academic Dates
- Enter your school’s actual first and last day of school.
- Platform Dates
- Enter the first and last day that students will start using the platform. The dates entered here will determine when students will be held responsible for using and completing their work in the platform.
- Platform dates determine when the pacing line starts and stops moving. The blue vertical Pacing Line indicates where a student should be today to be on track, or on-pace, to complete a given course by the end of the school year.
- MAP Testing Window
- Enter dates to track when you'll be administering the Fall and Spring MAP tests. Note that dates entered here do not affect the Pacing Line. Learn more about how to purchase MAP tests.
- Non-Instructional Periods
- Enter the dates for any period of time that students will not be using the platform (ex: school holidays, teacher work days), as well as a description of the non-instructional period.
- Weekends by default are considered non-instructional periods. The dates entered here pauses the pacing line and can be adjusted at any time.
Note: Non-instructional dates cannot occur after a Platform or Academic Date. This means that you may need to remove or adjust non-instructional dates in order to select a different Platform or Academic Date.
How to set this information:
- Click Setup from the menu on the left
- Click Calendar
- Go to Important Dates
- Click Academic Year
- Enter the first and last dates of your school's academic year. Click Enter
- Under Important Dates, click Platform Dates
- Enter the first and last dates that students will be using the platform for academic purposes. Click Enter
- Click to add MAP Testing window dates for when your school will be administering the Fall and Spring tests
- Click + Add Non-Instructional Period
- Enter the dates for any period of time that students will not be using the platform (ex: school holidays, teacher workdays), as well as a description of the non-instructional period Click Enter
- Click Save Changes