Once you've created a Project, you can edit the Project and add a Final Product, checkpoints, activities and resources. From the Project page, click Edit Project to make changes to the following sections:
- Courses: Enter the name of the course you’d like the Project to belong to, then click the name of the course. You can add multiple courses.
- Type the Essential Question, the Enduring Understanding, and the Description of the Project.
- Decide whether you'd like the Project to be supplementary by checking the Supplementary Project checkbox. Supplementary Projects can be added to courses that have already ended.
- Decide whether you'd like any changes made in the Base Curriculum to this Project to be automatically accepted by checking the Auto-Accept Changes From Base? checkbox.
- Decide whether you'd like to allow teachers from other schools and districts to use this Project by checking the Curriculum Sharing checkbox. Learn more about sharing your curriculum.
- Click Add Final Product. Type the title and a description of the Final Product you will assess at the end of the Project. You should attach a default template file for the Final Product. When assigned to students, each student will receive their own editable copy of this template and submit the project via the Summit Learning Platform. You can attach a blank Google document or copy an existing Google document from your Google Drive. Click Save.
- Type and click on the Cognitive Skills or Math Concepts you’d like to add to the rubric. You can add multiple skills or concepts. Preview your rubric by clicking View Rubric.
- Note that math Concept Units with time-constrained Final Products will initially be assigned to students as blank Google document files. When students are ready to complete the Final Product, they will be assigned an activity with a copy of the actual Final Product. Students should submit their work on the original blank Google document in the time given.
Learn more about adding Final Products to Projects.
- Checkpoints: Click Add Checkpoint. Type the title and any relevant details for the work you want students to get feedback on before completing the Final Product. You can attach a blank Google document or copy an existing Google document from your Google Drive. Additionally, you can check the boxes next to any of the relevant Cognitive Skills or Math Concepts you added to the Final Product for this particular checkpoint. Click Save.
- Activities and Resources: You can add both Activities or Resources that will help students complete the Project. Click Add Activity or Add Resource. Type the title and any relevant details for your activities and resources. You can attach a blank Google document or copy an existing Google document from your Google Drive. For resources, you can also include URLs to websites or videos.
Learn more about adding checkpoints, activities, and resources to Projects.
- In order to add Focus Areas to the Project, you must first add the Project to a course.
- If the Project already belongs to a course, you’ll see the Focus Areas for that course. Check the boxes next to the Focus Areas that are relevant to the Project.
- Teacher Guide: Click Add to upload your own notes or resources from your Google Drive that helps teachers understand how to facilitate the Project. Keep in mind that if you change this file in your Google Drive later, you'll have to re-upload it to the Teacher Guide for others to see the changes.
- Project Timeline: Type the amount of time it'll take to complete the Project.
- Supplies: Click Add to upload your own list of supplies from your Google Drive. Keep in mind that if you change this file in your Google Drive later, you'll have to re-upload it to Supplies for others to see the changes.
- Standards: Type the standards that the Project covers.
When you’re finished editing the Project, click Save and Close to exit.
Keep in mind that the Project will save automatically while you are editing each section. You can see what time the Project was last saved in the bottom-left corner.
Important Note: Once you edit a Project, your Project will not update when the Base Curriculum is updated.