Once you've created or copied a Project, you can edit the Project to add or edit the Final Product(s), checkpoints, activities, and resources. From the Project page, click Edit Project in the upper right to make changes to the following sections:
- Project Name: Edit the name of the Project
- Courses: Enter and select the Course you’d like the Project to belong to. A project can be in multiple Courses
- Project Info: You can change the Essential Question, Enduring Understanding, and the Description of the Project. You can also view the Adaptations And Modifications provided by the Curriculum Team
- Decide whether you'd like the Project to be supplementary by checking the Supplementary Project checkbox. Supplementary Projects can be added to courses toward the end of the year for projects that will be completed after school has already ended
- Decide whether you'd like to allow teachers from other schools and districts to use this Project by checking the Curriculum Sharing checkbox. Learn more about sharing your curriculum
- Add Cognitive Skills to your Project where it says, "The final products will be assessed on:". You can click View Rubric to see the rubrics for the Skills associated with the Project
- Final Product: Click on the titles of the Final Products to edit the details related to each Final Product. You can also add your own by selecting Add Final Product. Type the title and a description of the Final Product you will assess at the end of the Project. You should attach a default template file for the Final Product. When assigned to students, each student will receive their own editable copy of this template. You can attach a blank Google document or copy an existing Google document from your Google Drive. Click Save
Learn more about adding Final Products to Projects.
- Checkpoints: You can view all the Checkpoints for the Project here. To add your own, click Add Checkpoint. Type the title and any relevant details for the work you want students to get feedback on before completing the Final Product. You can attach a blank Google document or copy an existing Google document from your Google Drive. Additionally, you can check the boxes next to any of the relevant Cognitive Skills you added to the Final Product for this particular checkpoint. Click Save
- Activities and Resources: You can view the Activities and Resources that are under each Checkpoint and add your own. Click Add Activity or Add Resource under the relevant Checkpoint. Type the title and any relevant details for your Activities and Resources. You can attach a blank Google document or copy an existing Google document from your Google Drive. For resources, you can also include links to websites or videos
- Additional Resources: Add any other activities and resources that don't fall under a Checkpoint in this section by clicking Add Activity or Add Resource
Learn more about adding checkpoints, activities, and resources to Projects.
- In order to add Focus Areas to the Project, you must first add the Project to a Course (see the Project Info section above)
- If the Project already belongs to a Course, you’ll see the Focus Areas that are in that course. Check the boxes next to the Focus Areas that are relevant to the Project
- Pacing: The amount of time it will take to complete the Project
- Materials: The supply list for the Project. Click Add to upload your own list of supplies from your Google Drive. Keep in mind that if you change this file in your Google Drive later, you'll have to re-upload it for others to see the changes
- Standards: The standards that the Project covers
When you’re finished editing the Project, click Save and Close to exit.
Keep in mind that the Project will save automatically while you are editing each section. You can see what time the Project was last saved at the bottom of the page.
Important Note: Once you edit a Project, you will not be able to accept updates to the Project from the Base Curriculum without overriding your edits. In order to both preserve your edits and accept updates, you will have to manually update the Project by editing it to mirror the changes made in the Base Curriculum.