Focus areas allow students to build background knowledge on a given subject area. There are 3 types of focus areas:
- Power Focus Areas (required)
- Additional Focus Areas (supplementary)
- Challenge Focus Areas (not required, above and beyond)
- Other Focus Areas (exempted)
On a Focus Area page, you'll find Focus Area info, teacher tools, and objectives:
- Focus Area Info: Includes the Description, the score needed to pass, Key Terms, Standards, the courses it is in, and related Projects.
- Teacher Tools: Indicates whether your Focus Area is ready for students and includes the number of objectives in the Focus Area and the number of questions in Content Assessments, checks for diagnostic questions and resources, and shows any Content Assessment questions with translations.
- Objectives: Includes Introductory Materials, Content Assessment questions, and resources (playlists).