You can create courses for your curriculum by copying courses originally created by Summit Learning, or by creating new courses (ex: electives, or other types of special courses). Summit Learning has partnered with the Stanford Center for Assessment, Learning and Equity (SCALE) to ensure that Projects reach the gold standard for Project-based learning and performance assessments. We encourage you to rely on this resource to minimize the number of curricula that you need to create from scratch. Keep in mind that you can always add your own Focus Areas and Projects to your copied course.
Copying courses created by Summit Learning
To copy a course created by Summit Learning:
- Click on the Curriculum section from the menu on the left, then click on Courses
- Confirm the school year in the upper right corner
- Change the dropdown from your school's name to Base Curriculum, then click into the course you'd like to copy
- Click Copy Course
- Choose the school year for the copied course, then click Copy. Keep in mind that copying a course may take several minutes, but you'll receive a notification when the course has finished copying. The copied course should now appear under your school's Library.
Creating new courses
To create a new course:
- Click on the Curriculum section from the menu on the left, then click on Courses.
- Confirm the school year in the upper right corner.
- Click Add Course in the upper right corner.
- Enter the name of the course, and select the subject, grade level, and school year. To share your curriculum with colleagues from other schools and districts, check the box next to Allow teachers from other schools and districts to use this course.
- Click Add Course.
- Add Projects or Math Units and Focus Areas to the course.