You can print Content Assessments for students without needing them to first request the assessment.
In this article you will find,
- How can I print a content assessment?
- How do I re-generate a new printed assessment?
- Can students see that I printed a content assessment for them?
How can I print a content assessment?
You can print content assessments for students from the Assessments Tab in the Course, Student Progress, and Mentoring pages.
To print an assessment that a student has already requested to take online, go to Assessments Tab:
- All students currently taking an assessment will be listed under Activity. Click the Print this assessment button and the assessment will open in a new window for you to print
To generate a new content assessment for a student, go to the Assessments Tab:
- Click Print Any Assessment in the top right corner
- Select the name of the Student that you are printing the assessment for
- If you are printing from a Course page, you are only able to print an assessment for students that are assigned to you in this Course.
- If you are printing from Student Progress, you are able to print an assessment for any student that you are allowed to see in that student group.
- If you are printing from the Mentoring tab, you are able to select students that are assigned to your Mentoring section(s).
- Select the Course and Focus Area for the assessment that needs to be printed (You are only able to select Courses and Focus Area types that are available for the selected student. If you are printing from the Course page, you are only able to select a Focus Area from that particular Course.)
- Read “I understand that the student…"
- Click Continue to Print and the assessment will open up in a new window for you to print
To enter in answers for a student who has completed a printed assessment:
- Once the student has completed the printed version of the Content Assessment, go to the Assessments Tab and select Enter answers for student. The assessment will open in a new window for you to enter answers.
- Enter the student’s answers in the online version of the Content Assessment, then click Submit.
When a student has started an assessment online or you have already generated a print assessment for a student, you will not be able to select that Focus Area in the print assessment dropdown.
If you want to re-enable online assessments for the student after previously generating a printed assessment, then you will have to invalidate the assessment.
If I generate a printed assessment for a student, can I re-generate a new printed assessment?
For students that already have an assessment in progress, you will not be able to generate new printed assessments for them. You can generate a new printed assessment for another Focus Area. However, if you are generating a new printed assessment for the same Focus Area, then you will need to Invalidate the assessment first.
If you would like to re-print the same assessment, you can do so by selecting Print this assessment button.
Can students see that I printed a content assessment for them?
If you generate a printed assessment for a student, they will not be able to request to take the assessment online unless you invalidate the printed assessment. Once you have generated a printed assessment, in the Content Assessment section of the Focus Area page, the Request button no longer is present and students are instead directed to see their teachers for Printed Assessments.