Students work through focus areas to build background content knowledge and check their understanding through content assessments. For each focus area, students will be able to see:
- Diagnostic Assessments: Allow students to gauge their mastery of a focus area by answering practice questions that will not impact their grade.
- Description: Includes the objectives that students will meet and key terms they should know.
- Key Terms: A list of important key words or terms in the focus area.
- Objectives: Objectives guide students to achieving overall mastery of a focus area. By clicking into an objective, a student will open up a set of resources that will help them with that specific objective. When a student clicks a resource, a checkmark will show to the right of that resource.
- Content Assessments: Allow students to demonstrate their mastery of the focus area by answering a set of 10 questions. A student must request to take a content assessment. They are approved by the student's teacher or admin.
- Feedback on Finished Assessments: A student can click "See All Takes" to review their assessment.
Students can take diagnostic assessments as many times as they'd like without requesting approval from a teacher by clicking Start Diagnostic Assessment.
Students will need to request approval from a teacher to take content assessments. Once a student has clicked Request Content Assessment, he/she will need to wait until the request has been approved. Once approved, students will have 10 minutes to begin taking the content assessment by clicking Start Assessment. Students will then have 90 minutes to complete a content assessment, unless arrangements have been made to add extra time.
After a diagnostic or content assessment is taken, a score will show to the left of each objective to let students know how they scored on questions from those sections. The score will show a student's highest assessment take with content assessments taking priority over diagnostic takes.
When students pass the content assessment, the title of the focus area turns green. Whenever students encounter this focus area in the platform (ex: on the This Year section), it will also be colored green.
Learn more about diagnostic assessment and content assessments.