Students work through focus areas to build background content knowledge and check their understanding through content assessments. For each focus area, students will be able to see:
- Description: Includes the objectives that students will meet and key terms they should know
- Objectives: Help set the pace for a focus area and provide a picture of what students will be able to do once the focus area has been completed
- Diagnostic Assessments: Allow students to gauge their mastery of a focus area by answering practice questions (not graded)
- Content Assessments: Allow students to demonstrate their mastery of the focus area by answering a set of 10 questions (graded)
- Feedback on Finished Assessments: Allows students to review their overall scores, as well as scores for each objective
Students can take diagnostic assessments as many times as they'd like without requesting approval from a teacher by clicking Start Diagnostic Assessment.
Students will need to request approval from a teacher to take content assessments. Once a student has clicked Request Content Assessment, he/she will need to wait until the request has been approved. Once approved, students will have 10 minutes to begin taking the content assessment by clicking Start Assessment. Students will then have 90 minutes to complete a content assessment, unless arrangements have been made to add extra time.
When students pass the content assessment, the title of the focus area turns green. Whenever students encounter this focus area in the platform (ex: on the This Year section), it will also be colored green.
Learn more about diagnostic assessment and content assessments.