For each focus area, students will be able to take content assessments, as well as diagnostic assessments:
- Content assessments are graded assessments. A content assessment has 10 assessment questions, and the assessment questions will be randomly selected from a larger set of possible questions that you’ve added to each objective. Teachers must approve a student’s request to take a content assessment.
- Diagnostic assessments are practice tests. A diagnostic assessment has at least one diagnostic question, and the same questions will always appear in a diagnostic assessment. Students can take diagnostic assessments as often as they choose, without requesting approval from their teacher.
Note: Content assessments must have exactly 10 assessment questions, and each objective must have at least a diagnostic question. Diagnostic questions will never be included in a content assessment, and will instead be shown in the diagnostic assessment so that students can test their mastery.
To create a new question:
- Under the Questions section of an objective, click Create Question
- Select the question type:
- Multiple Choice: Standard multiple choice questions with one correct answer
- Check Boxes (Multiple Choice Multiple Correct): Multiple choice questions with more than one correct answer, and students will need to identify all answers
- Explicit Response: Questions where students will need to type in a response
- Multiple Choice: Include one correct answer, and select the correct answer on the left, as well as many incorrect answers as you’d like.
- Check Boxes (Multiple Choice Multiple Correct): Include all correct answers, and select the correct answers on the left, as well as many incorrect answers as you’d like.
- Explicit Response: Include as many correct answers as you’d like, but students will only need to type in one of the correct answers. Student responses are matched exactly to your correct answer choices, but you can indicate if the correct answer must be case-sensitive.
Learn more about creating math content assessment questions.