Mock Student Views is a feature that allows teachers to view courses as a student. Enabling this feature lets teachers:
- Explore how students use the platform to complete their coursework and prepare for mentoring check-ins.
- Try out specific platform actions students will take for your course—such as taking assessments or submitting projects.
Demonstrate the student platform experience to other teachers, students, families, and caregivers (without using a real student account).
On this page, you will find information about:
How do I set up Mock Student Views?
To set up your first course in Mock Student Views, you have two options:
- Click your avatar at the bottom left, then select “Set up Mock Student Views.”
- Navigate to the Educator Tools page, then select “Your Mock Student Views.”
3. You will be taken to the Mock Student Views setup page. This page provides an overview of the feature. Please take a moment to review before selecting “Get Started!”
4. After clicking “Get Started!” you will be asked to enable Mock Student Views for a course that you teach. Select from the Subject and Grade level drop-down menus that you would like to set up.
5. When you’re done, click “Next.”
6. You will be presented with courses that most closely match your selection. If your course is not listed, select from the list of available courses in the drop-down menu. Select the course that you teach, then click “Next.”
7. You will have the option to add Mentoring to Mock Student Views. Adding mentoring lets you see how students experience Mentoring on the platform.
8. Select an option, then click “Next.”
9. On the confirmation page, you can review the courses for which you've just enabled Mock Student Views.
10. Click “View as my Mock Student” to explore the platform from a student’s perspective.
How do I turn my Mock Student Views off?
You can turn Mock Student Views off for some or all of your courses if you no longer need to view them as your Mock Student.
1. On the navigation menu, open Educator Tools, then click Your Mock Student Views.
2. Toggle the "Enabled" button to off for any courses where you don't need to view as a Mock Student.
Once you toggle the button to "off", it will turn gray to indicate the off status.