This article is part of a series of resources for Walkthroughs. Walkthroughs is currently in pilot phase. If Pathways is available to you, you can access Walkthroughs from any project's Feedback tab.
In this article, you can find in-platform ways to support the development of Self-Direction. Specifically, this article covers:
- How to find resources for Self-Direction in the Accessibility Resource Bank
- How to assign differentiated resources to the "Struggle With Self-Direction” group
How to find resources for Self-Direction in the Accessibility Resource Bank
You can find many resources directly in the platform from the Accessibility Resource Bank. The Accessibility Resource Bank is a curated selection of research-based resources that teachers can use to scaffold learning and support students' growth.
To find resources to support learners struggling with Self-Direction:
- Click Educator Tools from the left navigation menu
- Select Accessibility Resource Bank from the index page
- Scroll to the Self Directed Learning section
- Click into a Self Directed Learning topic
- From the right-hand side of the page, select a resource
To download these resources:
- If the resource is in a Google Doc form, use File > Download > PDF to download
- If the resource is in a PDF, use the top navigation bar to download
How to assign differentiated resources to the "Struggle With Self-Direction” group
With your resources from the Accessibility Resource Bank downloaded, go back to your project's Learners' tab.
- Click "Edit Project" on the top right
- Click the Activity or Resource, and scroll to "Who Gets This Activity?"
- Deselect All Students and click "Add a Tag"
- Choose the "Struggle with" group of learners in the drop-down
- Click “Add Teaching Materials” to upload the resource
- Click "Save"
- Click "Save and Close"
- You’re all set!