To change calculator settings on an assessment:
1. Click into a Focus Area you want to make changes to
2. Click Edit Focus Area
3. Click into the Calculator drop-down menu and choose the option you want for the given Focus Area
Information about each setting:
- Calculator not relevant- The default setting for Focus Areas that have no need for a calculator (ie an English Focus Area).
- No Calculator allowed- This setting should be used for math or science Focus Areas that explicitly do not allow Calculators. When this setting is chosen, a Content Assessment will have a grey warning bar on the top indicating calculators are not allowed.
- Four-function calculator allowed- A four-function calculator performs the basic arithmetic operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Scientific calculator allowed- For more information on the Scientific calculator, click here.
- Graphic calculator allowed- For more information on the Graphic calculator, click here.