Why Do I Need to Rollover My School Year?
Until you rollover your school year, you won’t be able to set up your Platform for the 2019 - 2020 school year. We recommend rolling over your platform at least two weeks before the first day of school to give the staff time to make sure everything is ready for students when they start.
By rolling over your school year, you’ll be able to:
- See the Back to School checklist
- Add in your school’s key dates
- Set up your new students and sections
You can learn more about Back to School setup in our Technical Take-Home Guide here.
What Happens During a School Year Rollover?
During the school year rollover, we completely refresh your site to prepare your site for the next school year. That involves archiving all your sections and unenrolling all of your students from the Platform.
Once your school year's been rolled over:
- All student grades for 2018-2019 will be frozen. Before initiating the rollover, please make sure all teachers have finished grading, including those doing Extended Year.
- Highly Recommended: Export your student grades
- Teachers will not be able to view any student data from this year. This includes course grades; focus area progress, assessment attempts, and masteries; and project grades and progress. In order to see a returning student's’ data, you will need to re-enroll your students via sign-up codes or re-sync your SIS with Clever. (You will still be able to see all the courses your teachers created / modified in the previous year.)
- Highly Recommended: Export the student data tables you might find useful over the summer / during back to school
What Do I Need to Know about Clever Syncing?
If you use Clever, we will turn off the Clever sync between Summit and your school at the end of the 2018 - 2019 school year. We do this to make sure your school has enough time to finish up the school year, as well as any extended learning opportunities your students might have over the summer to complete the previous school year.
To prepare for 2019-2020, we want to make sure that you:
- Update your Clever settings to remove all students who will not be using the platform in 2019 - 2020. It’s important for you to make sure these students complete their remaining focus areas and that you export the grades of these students from the Platform as well.
Once the sync is active again, you should start seeing your settings from Clever within the Summit Learning Platform, including teachers, students, and sections. You can learn more about Clever syncing and troubleshooting here.
Once I’m Ready, How Do I Rollover and Re-Initiate My Clever Sync?
Once your grades are set / saved and you’ve updated Clever, please submit a ticket to email@example.com and we will rollover your school year and initiate the Clever sync so your platform is ready for the new year!