The Summit Learning Platform offers two options for enrolling students and creating course sections in the platform:
- Schools can sync their Student Information System (SIS) with the Summit Learning Platform through a system called Clever. Learn more about our Clever data requirements.
- Teachers can create courses themselves and have students enroll using Google Classroom-style signup codes.
We recommend you refer to these guidelines when determining which enrollment option is best for your school:
|We recommend Clever when:
||We recommend signup codes when:
- A large percentage (or all) of your student population is participating in the Summit Learning Platform
- Automating teacher/student account creation and section management will be convenient
- Teachers don't need to update section information manually
- You have a designated technology administrator at your school who can help you with SIS/Clever issues
- A small percentage of your student population is participating in the Summit Learning Platform
- You don't have an SIS
- You don't have a lot of control over your SIS
- You have classrooms with students in multiple grade levels (ex: 5th/6th grade split class)
Learn more about Clever enrollment and signup code enrollment.
By default, your setup checklist will include action items for sign-up code enrollment. Please email us
or set up time to speak with us
if you'd like to switch to using Clever. We'll get back to you within one business day.
Note for sites teaching summer school in 2017: You won't be able to create new sections for the 2017-2018 school year until summer school at your site is complete.