The Summit Learning Platform offers two options for enrolling students and creating course sections in the platform:
- Schools can sync their Student Information System (SIS) with the Summit Learning Platform through a system called Clever. Learn more about our Clever data requirements.
- Teachers can create courses themselves and have students enroll using Google Classroom-style signup codes.
We recommend you refer to these guidelines when determining which enrollment option is best for your school:
|We recommend Clever when:
||We recommend signup codes when:
- A large percentage (or all) of your student population is participating in the Summit Learning Platform
- Automating teacher/student account creation and section management will be convenient
- Teachers don't need to update section information manually
- You have a designated technology administrator at your school who can help you with SIS/Clever issues
- A small percentage of your student population is participating in the Summit Learning Platform
- You don't have an SIS
- You don't have a lot of control over your SIS
- You have classrooms with students in multiple grade levels (ex: 5th/6th grade split class)
Learn more about Clever enrollment and signup code enrollment.
By default, your setup checklist will include action items for sign-up code enrollment. Please email us
or set up time to speak with us
if you'd like to switch to using Clever. We'll get back to you within one business day.