The Summit Learning Platform offers two options for enrolling students and creating course sections:
- Schools can sync their Student Information System (SIS) with the Platform through a system called Clever. Learn more about Clever data requirements.
- Teachers can create courses themselves and students can enroll using manual sign-up codes.
To determine which option is best, please refer the following recommendations:
| We recommend Clever when:
| We recommend sign-up codes when:
- A large percentage (or all) of your student population is participating in the Summit Learning Platform
- Automating teacher/student account creation and section management will be convenient
- Teachers don't need to update section information manually
- You have a designated technology administrator at your school who can help you with SIS/Clever issues
- A small percentage of your student population is participating in the Summit Learning Platform
- You don't have an SIS
- You don't have a lot of control over your SIS
- You have classrooms with students in multiple grade levels (ex: 5th/6th-grade split class)
Learn more about Clever enrollment and signup code enrollment.
By default, your setup checklist will include action items for sign-up code enrollment. Please email us
or set up a time to speak with us
if you'd like to switch to using Clever. We'll get back to you within one business day.
Note for sites running summer school: You won't be able to create new sections for the next academic school year until summer school is complete.